If you are a business owner with an intention of developing a mobile app and have already started work on it, then you might have also started working on the name of your app. To promote your mobile app and make people know that you have developed an app for your business and for its brand development, it is important that you name your app aptly. Naming your mobile app requires a great deal of research and if needed you may take the support of top branding consultants who can suggest you an ideal name for your app. Given here are few tips that should be noted while selecting a name for your mobile app.
- App relevance: The first thing that has to be given significance while choosing your mobile app name is that it should be the most relevant to your business. Choose a name that suggests the services or functions it provides and describes the app aptly.
- Easy to pronounce: The next important thing that needs to be considered while choosing the mobile app name is that it should be easy to pronounce. It should be remembered that the word ‘app’ itself is a shortened form of the term ‘software application’. Hence, it has to be taken care of that the name of the mobile app should be short and simple enough and should be such that it can be remembered and recollected soon. Branding firms say that the mobile app has more chances of being successful in the market if its name can be remembered and pronounced easily.
- SEO factor: To increase your app presence in the market, another best strategy suggested by the top branding consultants is that the app name should include keywords searched by most of the users. Using maximum keywords that are apt for your app will increase your SEO rankings with the search engines thereby placing it in the top results when searched by users.
- Authenticity: Don’t get carried away by the thought of choosing a trendy app name. Always make sure that your app name is authentic and does not sound similar to another popular app.
- Keep it short and simple: Branding firms always opine that an app name should be short and simple such that it is easy to read and remember. It is not only difficult to remember long names but also there are more chances of misspelling it, which may lead to losing potential customers.