We are in an internet age where span of attention is very minimal; this demands speed in every arena! When we switch channels on television just to skip the advertisements, isn’t it too much to expect our website users to cling to our website when takes too long to load? IT consulting firms are giving clear clues that loading time of a website is a significant aspect of any website’s user experience and these days page loading is becoming crucial for the search engine rankings as well.
What happens if your website is loading slowly?
According to surveys majority of the internet users expect a website to load in 2 seconds on an average and when this doesn’t happen, users don’t have enough patience to wait for the page to load that results in page abandonment. If the website is related to e-commerce, then the results would be more disheartening for the website owners. Online shoppers do not visit the same site again and also give their opinion to their friends that spread negative publicity for the website.
How to increase webpage loading speed?
By now we know that the speed with which a webpage loads is critical for every business. Here are few ways suggested by IT consultants that help you improve your webpage loading speed.
- Webhosting Company: The page speed of your website largely depends on the hosting company you choose for the site. IT consultants will help you in choosing the right hosting company that offers high network uptime and ensures quick transfer of data from the server to the user.
- HTTP requests: More than 3/4th of the load time is used for downloading different elements of a webpage like images, stylesheets, scripts etc. The more these elements are used on your webpage, the more time it takes to load because for each one of these elements an HTTP request has to be made. One of the quickest ways to increase your site speed is to simplify your web design by reducing the number of elements in your webpage and consolidating multiple styles sheets as one.
- Compression of files: Get some IT support and reduce the bandwidth of your pages with compression. Large pages with a lot of high-quality content are often big size files which take a lot of time to download. To eliminate this problem, the files can be zipped with the technique of compression that takes less storage space.
- Browser caching: We have seen how sending HTTP requests for each element of your webpage reduces your site loading speed. To tackle this issue, you have to enable caching of the components of your website when a visitor visits your site for the first time. IT support professionals can do this job, which reduces the download time in subsequent visits there improving your site loading speed.
- Image optimization: Images with large size take a longer time to load. Hence, this requires proper image optimization considering the size, and format.
- Reduce plugins and redirects: Numerous plugins and redirects also slow down your site loading time. Too many plugins may result in technical issues and redirects increase the additional HTTP requests. Hence, if you want your website to load faster, minimize the number of plugins and redirects.
We know that these tips are difficult to be implemented and need some technical expertise. For this reason, we are here to help you. Visit Accuprosys, one of the top IT consulting firms in Hyderabad, to boost your website speed and improve your business.